Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is Wittegen Press?
- Wittegen Press is run by Natasha Duncan-Drake and Sophie Duncan, twins with a long time passion for reading and writing. It was set up to publish a small number of quality eBooks from an exclusive group of authors.
- How long has Wittegen Press been running?
- Wittegen Press was set up at the beginning of 2011.
- What kind of books does Wittegen Press publish?
- Anything that takes our fancy. Wittegen was originally envisaged to publish genre fiction, but our remit has since expanded. Please see individual author bios to find out what that author has published, or check our book listings for more details.
- How can I buy Wittegen Press books?
- Please see the books listings to find out where to purchase our books. At the moment we sell only in eBook format, not paper copy, and we sell via Amazon, both .co.uk and .com.
- How can I find out when one of Wittegen's authors publishes a new book?
- How can I contact an author?
- Please see the individual author profiles for forms of contact. Some of our authors have personal blogs and twitter accounts where they may be reached.
- How can I leave feedback/reviews?
- We would love to find out what you think of our books. Under each summary book listing there is a link to a blog entry about the particular book, please leave feedback/reviews there.
- What is bonus content?
- Bonus content is simply free stuff.
So much of the world runs on viral advertising these days that some of our authors have decided to offer incentives for Tweets, link backs, Amazon reviews and such. These are extra pieces of fiction, or other added content that go with a book. Under each summary book listing there is a note to indicate if the book has value added content. The specific content will then be listed on the book's main listing page, with any details about how to acquire it.
An Amazon review for Cat's Call will gain you a short story about Alexander, one of the main characters.
A review on Good Reads with a link back to the book will gain you a short story about Junko, another one of the main characters.
- How does Wittegen Press know who to send bonus content to?
- We ask you to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and a link to the tweet/review/other action and then we will email you back the content for which you qualify. Your details will only be used to send you the content and to record to whom the content has been distributed.
- What do the book lengths mean in terms of words (as taken from the Nebula/Hugo awards definitions)?
- Novel over 40,000
- Novella 17,500 to 40,000
- Novelette 7,500 to 17,500
- Short story 1,000 to 7,500
- Flash fiction or vignette under 1,000
- Do I need a Kindle to read the books?
- No - there are Kindle aps for lots of platforms all available from Amazon (links will be on the same page as the book):
- iPhone /iPod Touch
- We also publish on Smashwords which has formats for most eReaders and devices including PCs and Macs.
- Why are some books free on some sites by not on Amazon?
- Amazon won't let us publish for less than 99c, but we want all our content available on their website so we publish there are the minimum rate we can. Sometimes Amazon will price match to free as well, but not always.
- Smashwords will let us publish free content, so when we want to give away our fiction it is free there and the sites it allows us to link through to such as Barnes and Nobel, Apple etc..
- Why are prices on Amazon UK often strange values rather than 99p or £1.99?
- There is V.A.T. on ebooks, hence the price on Amazon UK is our list price + % for V.A.T..
Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 April 2012 16:23