Natasha Duncan-Drake – Author
Pseudonyms: Tasha D-Drake, Tasha Duncan
Natasha is a British author with Wittegen Press and has been publishing genre fiction since 2011. Her work includes everything from horror to young adult fantasy and she has never met a genre she didn’t like. A prolific producer of short stories and novels alike, Natasha currently has over twenty five titles in her back catalogue with further releases always imminent.
Natasha has been writing since she was a young girl ever since she read The Hobbit at Primary School. She is a big fan of science fiction, fantasy and horror in all their forms and is a big advocate of fanfiction as a great tool for writers to polish their skills in a welcoming and supportive community.
Before establishing Wittegen Press with her twin sister, Sophie Duncan, Natasha was a database and systems consultant. She combines these skills with her writing to create and manage her career in the bold new eBook market.
Scroll down to see the most recent posts from Tasha’s Personal Blog and she is also a contributor to the Wittegen Press Blog. Both have free fiction, information about books, reviews of books and films and lots more.
If you would like to email Tasha, please use this Contact Form
Tasha’s Latest Personal Blog Posts
Welcome to my blog! Here you will find tips on writing/publishing, recipes, reviews, fiction and more.
Domain Name Not Working without WWW When Pointing at Blogger
So as I have mentioned previously, I have been busy setting up everything for my alter ego Virginia Waytes and her Sexy Stories Podcast. I purchased the .com and .co.uk domains for the name as soon as I decided on the nom-de-plume, but had not yet decided exactly where to point them.
This week I finally made the choice to point them at Virginia's presence on Blogger because everything else is linked from there and I can host everything there as well so its all in one place. IMHO it also looks nicest on mobile.
Anyway, this was a little trickier than I expected, even when following their instructions to the letter. As you can probably guess from the title of this post, it didn't completely work.
- http://virginiawaytes.com worked
- http://www.virginiawaytes.com worked
- https://www.virginiawaytes.com worked
- https://virginiawaytes.com returned an error
N.B I have "HTTPS availability" and "HTTPS redirect" turned on on my Blogger, because Google down ranks sites that don't have HTTPS activated.
Bit under black box
Other bit under black box
And we have to set up out domain forward to point to our Blogger URL (e.g. in my case virginiasparlour.blogspot.com).
However, when I did this the first time, as I said above, everything worked except the https:// without the www.
Thanks to this article: Solved GoDaddy Domain Not Working without WWW in Blogger I managed to sort it out, even though my domain is with Names.co.uk not GoDaddy.
Turns out I had to do the following:
- Remove the A records above and save.
- Put the A records back in and save (this refreshes the DNS records).
- Take out the domain forwarding.
- Put the domain forwarding back in making sure all domain version forward the same way.
And that's it. For a while there I was very confused, but thank heavens someone else had the same issue and worked it out. Hence the reason I decided to share.
Stretches for Authors and the Pomodoro Technique
Okay so I know, as authors/bloggers/desk jockeys, we are all guilty of sitting 💺 still too long and, I don't know about you, but this plays havoc with my shoulders and neck. However, I have found a solution. Hence I have come to share.
Now this isn't a complete cure if you're past 30, sorry, we all know age is not our friend when it comes to odd aches and pains, but I have noticed a huge difference since changing my routine.
What We Need:
- Focus To-Do ap - a Pomodoro technique ap available for most devices - has a free and paid option
- A water bottle or other receptacle
- A little space to walk around/move
- Do some work for a certain amount of time (I use 25min, but the Focus To-Do ap lets you choose)
- Take a break for a certain amount of time (I use 5min, but again the ap lets you choose)
- Repeat and every 4th time the break is longer. (I pop down and have a little peddle on the exercise bike🚴♀️ during the longer break, but I realise this is impractical for those who don't work at home 😂).
Stretches and Stuff
- Take a drink of water or beverage of choice.☕ (Of course you can drink at other times, but only refil during the break and make sure to drink as well because we all forget😉).
- Do shoulder and neck stretches (see below for details).💪
- Walk up and down my stairs, twice (my office is in our converted loft, so I sit right next to the stairs, but any walking around is good).🚶♀️
Sit forward in a chair so nothing is in the way and hold each of this for a few seconds and then release, being gentle and slow so as not to pull anything. If you want you can hold them for 20s each, but I only do that when I'm using them after a workout 😊. It also doesn't matter what order we do these in, we should all find our own rhythm.
Another new cover - Myriad Imaginings - Paperback
Now the current book blurb is fine for eBook descriptions, but it wasn't right for the blurb on the back of an actual book, if you see what I mean, hence I had to rewrite that too.
However, it is done and I have what I think is an almost definite cover. Just waiting for some feedback from Soph, but this is likely to be it. What do you think?
The big space on the back at the bottom is where the barcode gets put BTW. Just in case you were wondering 😄.